"HOW TO REMOVE THOSE ANNOYING DOTS AND DASHES AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR BLOG"
(wow, so yea that was a lengthy title but oh well...)
do you see what i'm talking about?
don't those annoy the heck out of you?! they sure bug me, especially when i see an awesome design, and then scroll to the bottom and find them there. is it just me?! i hope not. let's get rid of those shall we? (it's super easy, i promise) i should also say that this tutorial is for the Simple Template by Josh Peterson.
1. log into your Blogger account and click on "TEMPLATE"
2. then click on "EDIT HTML" (and don't freak out. you totally got this)
3. you'll then find yourself in your blog's coding (this may seem super intimidating to look at, especially if you haven't ever before, but you'll be alright!). you're going to put your cursor somewhere inside that box and CLICK ONCE. then when you see your cursor blinking on a random line hit "CTRL+F" and a little search box will appear in the top right corner of your coding box.
4. inside that handy little search box, you're going to type: "paging_dot" and hit enter. then those words should appear highlighted in yellow.
5. those yellow highlighted words are actually connected to an image url. so now you are going to highlight and delete that image url. BUT DO NOT DELETE THE PARENTHESIS AROUND THE URL ( )!
6. you can check to see what happened by clicking "PREVIEW TEMPLATE" before saving.
(just remember to hit "SAVE TEMPLATE" after looking to make sure those dots dissapeared!) so that got rid of the dumb dots. woohoo! now let's get rid of those dashed lines no one wants to see.
1. you're going to do the same thing as before: TEMPLATE>EDIT TEMPLATE>click inside html box and click: CTRL+F to bring up the search box. but this time, you are going to write: "footer-outer" and hit enter. immediately after you will see that highlighted text in the coding.
2. you're NOT going to do anything with the highlighted text this time, but rather, you are going to go one line down and change "$(footer.bevel)" to: "0px".
3. again, you can "PREVIEW TEMPLATE":
4. and then click "SAVE TEMPLATE". that's it. you're done! you did it! and you just made your blog look that much more professional. booya. thanks so much for taking the time to read (and learn something new?)! you can find more of my DIY blog tutorials over here.
Wow - how helpful is that?! I use Blogger and am always looking for great tips to make my blog look better. Thanks, Audrey! Audrey is a seriously fabulous designer. If you need a blog design update, Audrey is your girl!
Here are some of my fave posts from Miss Audrey Sue:
I hope you all have fun plans for this weekend. Leave your Instagram link in the comments, and I'll follow! We can keep in touch until Monday. Follow me here >> @putabirdonitblog
I'll see you back here first thing tomorrow morning. We've got a special Saturday guest post!
See you on the flip side.
Don't forget to link up your blog posts at Link'n Blogs! See you at the party!