photo PABOI2.jpg

Weekly Digest

 photo PAGEShome1.jpg  photo PAGESlinkparty1.jpg  photo PAGESfeatured1.jpg  photo PAGESsponsor1.jpg  photo PAGESguestposts1.jpg

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

DIY Burlap & Polka Dot Canvas {quote & photo display}


Hey y'all! A couple months ago, I guest posted on Best Day Ever. I shared my Burlap & Polka Dot Canvas ... a cute way to display your favorite quotes and photos. I realized I hadn't yet shared it here on my own blog! So today's post is the tutorial for making your own Burlap & Polka Dot Canvas. Enjoy!





This quote display is super versatile! You can easily switch it up for each season by adding a festive quote.


the how-to




What You Need
10x10 Burlap Canvas {Mine's from Walmart ($8!)}
Circle Foam Pouncer
Acrylic Paint in your choice of color
Clip
Glue Gun
sawtooth hanger, if you want to hang it

The Fun Part
 There are only two steps.
1} Using the foam pouncer size you love the most, daub on your polka dots {use an up-and-down motion}.
2} After it is dry, hot glue your clip to the front of your canvas.
*The End*
Ok, there is a 3rd step. If you want to hang your display, attach a mini sawtooth hanger to the back. I got mine from Target for $1. It looks like this:

This is quite possibly the easiest craft I've ever done. I love displaying quotes in my home. I have pinned SO MANY. You can follow me on Pinterest HERE if you need some inspiration! Free printables are all over!

Want to download my favorite quote? I've created a FREE PRINTABLE of the quote shown in the photo, from President Thomas S. Monson - The Prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  



xo

FACEBOOK  /  INSTAGRAM  /  TWITTER  /  PINTEREST


******************************************

Enter to win Ad Space on my blog for the month of April! Click HERE!

You may also enjoy








20 comments:

  1. I love this! I've got a ton of burlap just sitting around, I think I'm gonna try it! Thanks!

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should try it! I'd love to see what you make. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I am obsessed with burlap so I love this idea!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! Burlap is one of my favorite things to craft with!

      Delete
  3. love these ideas so simple and cute.

    www.impeccablykaili.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kaili! So glad you like it. Take care!

      Delete
  4. That looks great and is definitely a craft that I can handle doing. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha -- I am all about an EASY craft and this is exactly that. Have fun!

      Delete
  5. This is great. It has a bit of a vintage look to it as well. It will make a great display board for pictures as well. I found you via Crafty Thurs.

    Handmade at Warratahstree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the rustic/vintage look with a modern twist. Thanks for stopping by, Tracy! Take care.

      Delete
  6. Cute idea! I'm a big fan of anything polka-dots so this simple DIY spoke to me. Thanks for sharing the tutorial. :) Whitney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Whitney! Anything with polka dots = swoon. Glad you liked it!

      Delete
  7. What a great idea!!! Thank you for linking up at the Blog Strut Blog Hop! I can't wait to see what you link up next week! I would love for you to hop over anytime to Apeekintomyparadise.com and link up with the parties I co-host throughout the week!
    Have a terrific weekend!
    Cathy
    APeekIntoMyParadise.com
    #blogstrutbloghop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite, Cathy! I will definitely stop by and link up. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  8. I like both the frames and your cup. Hi I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/ a new gfc friend. Thanks for sharing your project, just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Constance! Your blog is great, too. :)

      Delete
  9. I love burlap and i love these Frames, I just bought a ton of it for projects, going to make the frames for gifts I want to thanks you for joining my Friday Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! Giving frames for gifts is a great idea.

      Delete
  10. oh so cute! ANd so simple that I just love it!
    My oldest daughter really likes the look of polka dots and with a birthday very soon, we will have to make it and set it aside for the big day! Thanks for sharing with the Pintastic Pinteresting party!
    Blessings to you,
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy birthday to your daughter! I'm glad this project can fit in with her party. Take care!

      Delete

Thanks for the chat!

Blog Design By Brand Me Beautiful