photo PABOI2.jpg

Weekly Digest

 photo PAGEShome1.jpg  photo PAGESlinkparty1.jpg  photo PAGESfeatured1.jpg  photo PAGESsponsor1.jpg  photo PAGESguestposts1.jpg

Search This Blog

Monday, January 6, 2014

My Love Monday ... Top Knots

SO. 
I have to start this post with a giant DISCLAIMER. I am NO fashion blogger. I am no fashionista. I don't go shopping every day. I've never owned aztec leggings. You'll never see me in high heels. And I've done my makeup the same since high school.
But I do have a Pinterest board full of fashion, hairstyle and makeup tips. And I do like reading and seeing how other people "wear their hair in interesting ways" (as Derek Zoolander would say). 
So I'm not trying to be cool and trendy and pretend like I know a lot about fashion! But I love following fashion bloggers on IG and seeing how they put pieces together and maybe steal an idea or two here and there. And I think pinning tutorials is always a good idea.
SO.
That is my disclaimer. The end.

All photos from Pinterest

On to My Love Monday. Today's LOVE is TOP KNOTS. Top knots are funny, because I'm pretty sure we've been wearing our hair in a "top knot" since forever. I distinctly remember my older sister wearing her hair in a half bun all on top of her head in junior high! But that was back when wearing your hair UP made you a tomboy -- not a fashion icon. Now, top knots are all over. And I must say, I'm in love. Mainly because it is the easiest hairstyle when you don't want to do your hair. And it looks like you actually tried! When I used to work as a receptionist, I would do a top knot often, and my coworkers would say, "Wow, you styled your hair so fancy!" to which I usually laughed and said, "this is my I-didn't-shower hairstyle." Apparently something about it makes it look like you actually tried. So try a top knot when you're too lazy to shower and you can be pretend-fancy, too.

I've found some great tutorials for some of my fave top knots and have brought them together here for you. (As Derek Zoolander would also say, "Sounds cool.")











 Try a top knot, and you can have the laziest fanciest hairstyle around.


**Did I use your image on my post? I always try to leave a comment on the original post letting you know I used your photo. If I missed yours, please let me know, and I will properly link back to you!**

***********************************************

You may also enjoy

 

19 comments:

  1. Very very fun and if I didn't have a pixie cut, I'd totally try some of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could pull of a pixie cut. I've always wanted that hairstyle!

      Delete
  2. Makes me almost wish I never cut all my hair off. ALMOST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. I wish I had the guts to cut all my hair off!

      Delete
  3. I have always love the look. Now that I have hair long enough I really should try to do this once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it! Like everyone is saying -- it is the easiest hairstyle and looks like you got all dolled up!

      Delete
  4. I love this look and yet like Kaila and Amy I have very short hair. Interesting how we all read the post, missing our long hair maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I always want long hair when I have short hair and vice versa. I've been lazy lately and haven't switched up my hairstyle, really. Maybe it's time??

      Delete
  5. I love top knots! Great lazy day hairstyle and, yes, very fancy;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay so glad you love it, too. I can always use a little more 'fancy' in my life. :)

      Delete
  6. When my hair was long, I tried a top knot, but my hair was so heavy, it didn't stay on top very long!! I love the look though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Have you tried a "sock bun"? I hear they work really well. Thanks for saying hi!

      Delete
  7. I loooooooooove top knots! The perfect way to look put together with hardly any effort. Thanks for sharing these tutorials! Pinning :)

    *Visiting from Living Better Together Eat Create Party*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you! Thanks for pinning. Take care!

      Delete
  8. My daughter is getting married and these Hair Styles are great ideas. I love the multi color bun style almost a greg and black
    thanks for stopping by my Fab Friday Link Party, it was truly a pleasure to meet you and your blog
    Thanks
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria! Congrats to your daughter. I wish I'd done a style like this at my wedding. They are so pretty.

      Delete
  9. I would have to agree with you. I think these messy buns or top knots look very chic and I love them! Thanks for sharing with us at Countdown in Style! Don't forget to stop by Friday to see if you are featured! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love top knots! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish my hair were long enough to do this. These are so cute! Thanks for sharing and linking up with Countdown in Style! Don't forget to come back on Friday to see if you were featured!

    ~~April~~
    100lbCountdown.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the chat!

Blog Design By Brand Me Beautiful